Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Obsession: Documentaries!

Who's the richest man in the history of the world? John D. Rockefeller, of course. How did I know that? It is  because I watched The Innovators: The Men Who Built America. I am a huge fan of watching documentaries. I love documentaries because they teach me  about a lot of things. I actually learn more in watching a 1 hour documentary as compared to sitting in class and listening to the lecture of my Social Science teacher. Sometimes, I even get to correct my teacher about certain facts about our past. Besides the news, I only use the TV to watch documentaries.

Why do I like documentaries? The main reason why I do like documentaries is that I get to learn a ton load of stuff without getting bored because the producers of the documentaries are very creative presenting the information that they want to show you. For me, the feeling of learning something new is just awesome. Second, you can be as lazy as you want when you watch documentaries. You don't have to watch documentaries sitting up, you can lie down or even be eating. Third, I can choose what I like to watch, if the documentary does not catch my interest, I can opt to not watch it, unlike school, wherein you are forced to listen to the teacher if you want to be able to pass the test.

Which documentaries do I like? I generally like all documentaries, except the ones that talk about animals because those kinda bore me to death. But I prefer watching documentaries about the past. History is what interests me the most. I am a history geek.  One of my favorite series is Mankind: The Story of All of Us, it is a 6 episode series about the history of the world. It goes all the way back when humans hunted for their food. Another favorite was mentioned a while ago, The Innovators: The Men Who Built America. It's about businessmen who built America to what it is today. It features the titans, Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, Carnegie, Morgan and Ford, and how they built their empires from the ground up. (I will make a review of this in the future.)

Obsession Grade: 9.5!!!

I love documentaries and I love learning new things. I honestly want to meet people who enjoy documentaries like I do, since my friends aren't the biggest fans of it. I hope you guys try watching History, Nat Geo or Discovery. I can assure you that you will learn a lot from it and it will be fun. Hope you guys get hooked! 

+AMDG,
the child blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment